We had friends Bill & Wendy fly their Cirrus, and Susan fly her C182RG into KMEV. This was the week/weekend for the Reno Air Races, and this was the key focal point. Unfortunately, it was smokey from a fire in California and interfered with operations. We saw some races and enjoyed the airside events, but it was shortened.
Other activities include:
- Dog walks and tours of the Genoa township
- A long hike in the Sierras on the Genoa Loop Trail
- Nancy and Wendy volunteered with the 99’s at the Reno Air Races, helping to staff the information booth
- A 3-hour tour via motorboat of Lake Tahoe
- Bill & Steve flew the Cirrus and worked on some proficiency items
- Fun meals at Overland and JT Basque
- Solid day at the Races that Friday, where we saw several races, including a STOL Drag Race
On the downside, Susan was ill, probably from some food. Steve and Bill were impacted for a day as well, perhaps from the smoke.
Here is a clickable slideshow:
Share this Post