[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]
I am a big fan of 3-bean and 4-bean salads but prefer something with a little more substance, variety, and depth of flavor than is typically available from grocery stores or delicatessans. Here is my favortiy combination.
|Ingredients for Steve’s Multi-Bean Salad Royale
(Hyperlinked to larger picture)
|Steve’s Multi-Bean Salad Royale.
(Hyperlinked to Larger Picture)
- 1 can Safeway 3-bean salad (drained, but not washed)
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and washed)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup unsalted cashews (chef’s option)
- 1 cup raisins (chef’s option)
- 2 tablespoons dice jalapenos (chef’s option)
- 3 tablespoons Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar (Tres Classique)
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablepoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- season to taste — salt & pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
1 – Mix beans in appropriately sized mixing bowl.
2 – Mix dressing incredients in separate mixing bowls and season.
3 – Pour dressing into bean mixing bowls and mix throrougly with spatula.
4 – Chill for 30 minutes.
Preparation Time Estimates
Prepare & Mix Beans: 5 minutes
Prepare & Mix Dressing: 5 minutes
Combine Ingredients: 2 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 mintues (if possible)
Source: Steve’s take on a classic favorite.
Suggested Course: Side or Snack
Serving Size: 1/4 cup