I went to Franklin TN to participate in Andrielle’s (“Andie’s”) high school graduation. Here are some notes that Dave sent prior to graduation:
Of course…I want to share all the details of the upcoming graduation – but not before I brag just a little bit about her….
A quick overview of some highlights includes the following (please pardon a bit of ‘copy & paste’ from one of her college applications…)
- 3.98 GPA
- National Honor Society (4-years);
- Attended 6-week Pre-College at the Rhode Island School of Design (Major: Art & Science).
- Completed AP Computer Science (Java – 2 semesters).
- Worked independently to complete Associate Level Certification in Python computer language.
- Received Adobe Associate Certification in Photoshop; qualified for Professional level certification.
- Completed 4-week Story-Boarding class at an independent comic publisher in Portland, Oregon.
- President of four different high school clubs.
- Class President & President of Student Council.
- Coordinator for local blood drive (3-years).
- Coordinated multiple school fundraisers.
- Sought out and completed online courses in Digital Information Technology via Virtual High School.
- Received multiple scholarships from local organizations including the Country Red Cross and the School’s PTO
- She also worked numerous part-time jobs throughout high school to afford additional education opportunities.
- Amazingly, Andie is also completing high school with 34 college credit hours from Columbia State, including Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Chem 1&2,
- She was the first high school student in the county to complete 2 semesters of college chemistry prior to graduating.
As for her future plans…
Next Fall, she will be attending Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana) in the College of Computer Graphics Technology and will be seeking degrees in Animation and Software Engineering. She plans on relaxing this summer and taking some road trips with friends, and will also be taking some online courses in Python and Maya in her spare time.
Here are some pictures from the event:
Share this Post